2 Sides of the Same Coin

What statement is your piece making about pop culture today? Be specific.
The statement being made by this about pop culture today is about how Carlos Tevez was in terms of his soccer career and the teams he played for. By “comparing” him to the General David Hendrik Chasse by putting his head on the painting, it shows how he has been throughout his career in terms of loyalty and going to different teams depending on how he sought fit, just like Chasse. 

Give reasons why you chose your images.
The reason why I chose the original image is because the painting looked very well done and unique, and then after reading into the guy I chose the other image as to me they were both similar in a way. Both had been with and against a big power in their respective jobs. For the guy in the painting, David Hendrik Chasse, he fought with and against Napoleon, and for the guy swapped in Carlos Tevez, he played for both Manchester United and Manchester City. Also, the angle of the specific image I chose for Tevez fit in well with the painting of Chasse, making it flow as a normal painting and not some wacky big change to the head or body of either. 

What do you hope your composite image communicates to the viewer? Explain
What I hope that my image communicates to anyone viewing it is that there are a lot of people in history that can be alike in ways someone wouldn’t expect. My photo has a head of a soccer player on the body of a war general from the 1700 and 1800s. You would never expect them to have anything in common except them being human, but they do have some similarities aforementioned which are unique. 

One thought on “2 Sides of the Same Coin

1. 1. Although the image does not have bad retouching, it isn’t great either mainly because of the hair. It doesn’t look very natural, especially by the collar.

2. I think they enhance the image because it brings out all the different parts of the image as a whole.

3. I think the texture enhances the image because it makes it look like it is from one time period instead of two different ones. It adds age to it almost.

4. The image is impactful because both the original image and the person whose head was edited in are very similar as you mentioned in your reflection.